Crisp, tart grapefruits are packed with vitamin A, vitamin C, and pectin. Pectin in grapefruit lowers cholesterol and maintains blood sugar levels in your body. Grapefruits and lemons are also beneficial if you’re on a diet. Specifically, the fiber in grapefruit helps you feel full.
- 1 large grapefruit, peeled
- ¼ medium lemon
- 1 ¼ cups sparkling water
- 2 tbsp honey or agave syrup
- 2 sprigs of mint (optional)
Slow juicer, assembled with the juicing strainer.
- Cut the lemon and grapefruit into sizes that will fit the juicer’s chute.
- Juice the lemon and grapefruit, alternating for best results. Slowly add ingredients to the juicer one piece at a time. Allow the juicer to process each piece before adding more ingredients.
- Add sparkling water and syrup to the finished juice. Stir well to combine.
- Serve over ice. Garnish with mint, if desired.
Choose grapefruits that are heavy and perfectly round in size. They should also maintain their shape when you apply light pressure.