Turmeric has extraordinary health benefits. Its active ingredient, curcumin, is a powerful antioxidant with strong anti-inflammatory effects. Turmeric shots can alleviate arthritis symptoms, lower the risk of heart disease, help with symptoms of depression, and more.
Don’t leave out the black pepper in this recipe—the piperine in black pepper enhances curcumin absorption by 2,000%!
Ginger is a bacteria-fighting anti-inflammatory, making it a key ingredient in any immunity or wellness shot recipe. Orange and lemon add immune-boosting vitamin C.
Turmeric stains skin, fabric, and kitchen utensils. Wear gloves and an apron when making this turmeric shot recipe.
Experience level: Beginner
- 4 inch piece turmeric root
- 2 inch piece ginger root
- ½ medium lemon
- 1 medium orange
- Pinch of black pepper per shot
Makes four 2 oz shots.
Kuvings Whole Slow Juicer, assembled with the juicing strainer.
- Peel the orange, turmeric, and ginger. Cut the end off the lemon.
- Juice the ingredients one piece at a time. Alternate between hard and soft ingredients for best results.
- Pour into shots. Sprinkle a pinch of black pepper on top of each shot.
You can take up to 2 turmeric shots a day.