With almost too many health benefits to count, wheatgrass juice has powerful detox effects. Wheatgrass are the young sprouts of the wheat plant. The superfood is packed with vitamins, iron, calcium, and antioxidants. Wheatgrass also contains 8 essential amino acids, which the body cannot produce on its own.
Wheatgrass juice aids digestion, boosts metabolism and immunity, and lowers cholesterol. The best time to drink wheatgrass juice is in the morning, one hour before you eat anything else.
- 1 cup (3.5 oz) wheatgrass
Makes one 2 oz shot.
Kuvings Whole Slow Juicer, assembled with the juicing strainer.
- Wash the wheatgrass well. Pat dry.
- Gather a portion of wheatgrass into a tight bunch. Add to the juicer.
- Allow the juicer to fully process each portion before adding more wheatgrass. You might hear a squeaking noise—that’s normal when juicing dry wheatgrass.
- After all the wheatgrass is added, put the juicer in reverse for a few seconds to dislodge any pieces. Run juicer again for 30 seconds.
- Serve immediately.
The intensity of wheatgrass shots can cause mild side effects for beginners (such as headaches, fatigue, and nausea). Start with half a shot and gradually increase your intake. Or, try incorporating wheatgrass into other juices.