Perfect for a chilly day, this hot apple cider recipe is made with fresh apple juice. Use your stovetop to make this easy apple cider, or multiply the recipe and simmer in a slow cooker.
Experience level: Beginner
- 10-15 firm apples (for 5 cups apple juice)
- ½ orange, thinly sliced
- ½ lemon, thinly sliced
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- Maple syrup to taste (optional)
For serving (optional)
- Cinnamon sticks
- Lemon slices
- Orange slices
Kuvings Whole Slow Juicer, assembled with the juicing strainer.
- Wash the produce well. Juice apples with the slow juicer.
- Place all ingredients in a pot over medium heat. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for at least 15-20 minutes. For a stronger flavor, continue to simmer until the taste is to your liking.
- Strain the cider or remove the solids with a slotted spoon. Pour cider into heat-safe mugs. Place a cinnamon stick, lemon slice, and orange slice in each mug (optional). Serve hot.
Try adding additional spices to this recipe. Experiment with seasonal flavors like cloves, ginger, allspice, anise, peppercorns, and cranberries.