Walnuts create a rich, creamy plant-based milk that's high in healthy fats and fiber. Their omega-3 fatty acids aid brain, heart, and cholesterol health.
- 1 cup raw walnuts, shelled
- 1 cup water, plus additional for soaking
Kuvings Whole Slow Juicer, assembled with the juicing strainer.
- Add walnuts to a bowl. Cover with water. Place in the refrigerator to soak overnight, or at least 8 hours.
- Drain the walnuts.
- Close the juicer's smart cap. Add a small portion of nuts to the slow juicer. Then, add an equal amount of fresh water. Continue alternating between the nuts and 1 cup of water, small equal-sized portions at a time. Work slowly to give the juicer enough time to process the nuts.
- Open the smart cap to release the walnut milk. If desired, strain the milk for a thinner texture. Store airtight in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
You can add vanilla extract, a pinch of salt, cocoa powder, honey, or maple syrup to flavor your walnut milk.