Unlike dairy milk, almond milk contains neither cholesterol nor lactose. Because it does not contain any animal products, almond milk is a great dairy alternative for vegans and vegetarians. Almonds are rich in nutrients, including fiber, vitamin E, and magnesium. You can use almond milk for smoothies, coffee, and baking, or simply enjoy it on its own!
- 1 cup almonds
- 2 cups water, plus additional for soaking
Kuvings Whole Slow Juicer, assembled with the juicing strainer.
- Soak almonds in water for at least 8 hours.
- Drain the almonds. Close the juicer's smart cap.
- Add a small portion of the almonds to the slow juicer. Then, add an equal amount of water. Continue alternating between almonds and water, small equal-sized portions at a time. Work slowly to give the juicer enough time to process the nuts.
- Open the smart cap to release the almond milk. If desired, strain the milk for a thinner texture.
You can add vanilla extract, a pinch of salt, cocoa powder, honey, or maple syrup to flavor your almond milk.