Cranberries are low in calories and high in antioxidants. Because cranberries are very tart, they are best when mixed with other fruits. Banana and cashews give this smoothie a thick, creamy texture.
Experience level: Intermediate
- ⅓ cup frozen cranberries
- ¼ cup raw cashews
- 1 banana, frozen
- 1¼ cup milk
Kuvings Whole Slow Juicer, assembled with the smoothie strainer.
- Soak the cashews in lukewarm water for at least 1 hour.
- Thaw the frozen ingredients for about 10 minutes
- Cut the banana into small chunks.
- Close the smart cap (spout) of the juicer.
- Pour milk into the juicer. While the juicer is running, slowly add the other ingredients. Allow the juicer to process the ingredients one small portion at a time.
- Open the smart cap to release the smoothie. Serve chilled.
For a sweeter smoothie, stir in some honey or agave syrup.