- 2 cups nut pulp
- 1 cup dried fruits and roasted nuts*
- 1 cup soft dates
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 cup nut butter
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
*Try different combinations of seeds, nuts, coconut flakes, and dried fruit of your choice.
- Pulse the dates in food processor until they become a sticky blended mixture.
- Dry roast the nut pulp in a pan over medium heat. Set aside.
- In a another pan, add maple syrup and nut butter. Mix over medium heat until well blended. Do not overcook.
- In a large bowl, combine nut pulp, dried fruit, the other dry ingredients, and salt. Combine well.
- Add the dates and the maple syrup/nut butter mixture into the bowl and combine with dry ingredients.
- Pour the mixture into a lined baking pan. Press down with a spoon to flatten.
- Refrigerate to set for at least 2 hours, then cut to squares.
Check out another variation of these energy bars: