This light, all-vegetable tomato soup is made without cream or butter.
Experience Level: Beginner
- 2 large tomatoes
- ½ large carrot
- ¼ cup onion
- 1 medium potato
- 1 cabbage leaf
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Kuvings Whole Slow Juicer, assembled with the juicing strainer.
- Wash the ingredients well. Remove stem from tomatoes. Peel the potato.
- Cut ingredients as needed to fit the juicer's chute.
- Slowly insert ingredients into the juicer, one small portion at a time. Alternate ingredients for best results.
- In a pot or saucepan, combine the pulp and the juice. Over medium heat, cook for about 20 minutes, then reduce to a simmer. Add salt and pepper, to taste. Serve hot.
Did You Know?
Tomatoes contain nutrients such as potassium, vitamin E, and lycopene, an antioxidant shown to help prevent certain cancers.