This sweet fruit spread is delicious on toast in the morning. It's also a great kid-friendly snack.
Experience level: Beginner
- 2 cups frozen mango chunks
- 2 cups sliced bananas (about 2 bananas)
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Stir frozen mangos, bananas and sugar together in a bowl. Let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes for the sugar to dissolve.
- Add ingredients to the blender. Blend until smooth.
- Put the puree in a saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat to thicken, about 10 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice and stir.
- Let cool slightly before serving. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
For a lighter spread, halve the amount of sugar and use very ripe bananas.