The famous dip of the Middle East! This healthy, low-calorie lentil hummus tastes great on vegetables and crackers.
- 2 cups lentils, soaked in water for 8-10 hours
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup tahini
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp cumin
- 5 tbsp cold water
- A pinch of paprika
- Boil lentils in water for 30 minutes.
- Once boiled, remove lentils from stove. Run lentils under cold water, then drain.
- Add the lentils along with the tahini sauce, lemon juice, garlic, olive oil, and cumin to the blender. Turn the dial to MIN and then gradually raise the speed on the blender to MAX.
- While the blender is running, carefully open the lid cap and pour in 5 tbsp of cold water. Blend until smooth.
- Transfer hummus to a serving dish. Sprinkle a pinch of paprika on the hummus. Can be refrigerated for up to 1 week.
Did You Know?
Lentils are a great source of protein and iron.