You can make these treats with pulp from any homemade nut milk, such as almond or cashew milk (avoid macadamia nuts; they’re harmful to dogs). If you have it on hand, adding chopped parsley helps freshen your dog’s breath.
- 1 banana
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 egg (or flax egg)
- 1 ½ cups nut pulp (we used almond pulp)
- 1 cup oat flour, plus more for rolling
- ¼ cup chopped parsley (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mash the banana with a fork. Add coconut oil, peanut butter, and the egg or flax egg. Mix. Add nut pulp and mix well.
- Add the flour and combine to form a dough. Use your hands to mix, if needed. Finally, add the chopped parsley (optional). If the dough is too sticky, add more flour.
- On a floured surface, roll out the dough to about ¼ inch thickness. Use cookie cutters to cut into shapes. If you don’t have cookie cutters, you can cut into squares with a knife or use a cup to cut circles.
- Transfer treats to the parchment-lined cookie sheets. Treats will not expand in the oven, so they can be placed close together. Bake until dry, about 25-30 minutes depending on size.
- Let cool completely. Store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Freeze for up to 3 months.